| Job Description: ||
Our Integrated Asset Management Solutions practice specializes in assessing all aspects of buildings including architectural, structural, mechanical, electrical, fire/life safety, indoor air quality, hazardous materials, mold and energy. In addition, our team works on behalf of our clients to implement and coordinate the proposed energy efficiency, repair, replacement and abatement projects, often working with other Buildings Engineering groups to support required design activities. Working closely with our clients, our dedicated professionals help to establish and understand the specific needs of our clients and tailor our technical solutions in alignment with their specific business and project objectives. Clients across all sectors including commercial real estate, K-12 education, higher education, healthcare, and all levels of government have partnered with us to provide assessments for the purposes of re-financing, acquisition/disposition, sustainability coordination and capital planning. Responsibilities:
As building infrastructure in North America ages, and the systems and components of buildings reach the end of their useful life cycle, it is critical that building owners, managers and operators understand the implications of renewal requirements in achieving their business objectives. Our team works closely with our clients to integrate our skills with their business objectives to deliver optimized life cycle solutions.
Stantec is One Team, providing Infinite Opportunities.
Stantec's Calgary office has an opportunity for a Building Science Technologist/Engineer - Junior (Mechanical or Electrical focus) to work within our Integrated Asset Management Solutions practice.
Reporting to the Group Leader your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Complete detailed technical reports.
- Be responsible for conducting evaluations for finance and pre-purchase property condition assessments and capital planning.
- Estimate quantities of materials for the purposes of capital planning.
- Investigate and evaluate mechanical and electrical building systems including HVAC, plumbing, fire protection, emergency power systems).
- Carry out field measurements
- Transcribe site notes from site evaluations.
Travel within Canada and the U.S. may be required. Qualifications:
The successful candidate will possess the following:
• Degree /Diploma in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering /Technology.
• Minimum of 2 years demonstrated experience reading and visualizing construction documents, specifications and drawings of Commercial and Institutional buildings.
• Have a clear understanding of construction processes, building operations and architectural drawings and language.
• Experience in determining energy savings opportunities and performing energy calculations is preferred
• Knowledge of the AB Building Codes, bylaws, ASHRAE, and other applicable codes and standards is an asset.
• Excellent communication skills. Report writing skills; problem-solving skills.
• Candidates with experience in construction, facility maintenance or consulting engineering will be given preference.
• Exceptional MS Office skills.
• A valid driver's license is required.
We offer all candidates the opportunity to challenge their abilities in a dynamic work environment and your efforts will be recognized through a competitive compensation program. Interested and qualified candidates should submit their resume and cover letter, online at www.stantec.com/careers .