| Job Description: ||
Climate Solutions' mission is to accelerate practical and profitable solutions to global warming by galvanizing
leadership, growing investment, and bridging divides in the Northwest. Since 1998, Climate Solutions has
pioneered the vision and cultivated political leadership in the Northwest for the proposition that clean energy
and broadly-shared economic prosperity can go hand-in-hand. Through our Business Leaders For Climate
Solutions, New Energy Cities, and Harvesting Clean Energy programs, Climate Solutions builds a powerful
constituency for local, regional, and national action on climate and clean energy. Climate Solutions has offices
in Seattle, Olympia, Portland, and Missoula. For more information about Climate Solutions, visit
Climate Solutions, is launching an ongoing program in Sustainable Aviation Fuels (SAF) to help build support
for the development of regional leadership in producing renewable and sustainable fuels and produce the
next generation of flight. The program will build on the momentum generated by the Sustainable Aviation
Fuels NW report (www.safnw.com). Climate Solutions managed, facilitated and led the research and writing
for this successful stakeholder report.
The Program Associate will be responsible for building an ongoing program in this area, which will have the
• Communications, thought leadership, and network building related to renewable fuels in aviation
• Policy support for sustainable aviation fuels at the federal and state levels
• Support for specific projects, including assistance on facilitation and stakeholder outreach for similar road
mapping processes in conjunction with a contract with Boeing
• Ensuring sustainable funding for SAF work.
This temporary position is supervised by the Senior Advisor for Business Partnerships and is located in Seattle.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Track implementation timelines and develop and maintain prioritized list for activities under the program
• Participate in building the SAF network and manage contacts via Salesforce
• Identify speaking and outreach opportunities and participate as appropriate
• Website management ClimateSolutions.org
• Organize and participate in blog posts and news stories, including drafting, editing, and dissemination
through social media
• Scan for news that SAF can highlight via posts and blogs
• Review documents and analyze for relevance to SAF
• Support specific contract activities, including management of billing and project reports, and participation
in meeting project deliverables
• Research and analyze potential policy issues and prepare advocacy materials
• Assist with potential funding opportunities, including work with Development staff and program team to
identify and pursue potential grants, sponsorships and funding opportunities
• Additional duties may be assigned within the course of the work
Skills and Knowledge:
• Ability to work effectively both independently and with a team in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Excellent time management and planning skills, and strong ability to coordinate the workflow of a team
• Strong writing, editing, presentation, verbal, and analytic skills
• A collaborative and inspirational nature.
• Strong understanding of renewable fuels, aviation and specific stakeholder needs is a plus
• Exceptional written and verbal skills
• Strong commitment to the mission and vision of Climate Solutions
• Ability to operate desktop computer and Microsoft Windows and Office Software, including Word, Excel,
Outlook, PowerPoint, web interface programs, databases and specialized software applications in a
• Preferred 1 year of coalition building experience, preferably with corporate professionals
• Preferred 1 year of project coordination experience
Education and Training:
• Bachelor’s degree or higher
Licenses or Certificates:
• Possession of, or ability to possess, within 3 months, a driver’s license and auto insurance.
This is an exempt, half-time, temporary position and is being offered at $25,000. No benefits are associated
with this position. ClimateSolutions.org
• Email a résumé, cover letter and at least three professional reference contacts in PDF format to
• Please put SUSTAINABLE AVIATION FUELS PROGRAM ASSOCIATE as the subject line of the email and
address the cover letter to Ross Macfarlane, Senior Advisor for Business Partnerships.
• Please label the cover letter and resume files with your last name.
• In the body of the email, please let us know how you found out about the position.
• The position will remain open until filled.
Climate Solutions is committed to equal opportunity in employment and promotion for all qualified persons
without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, citizenship, military or veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability,
pregnancy and childbirth, family responsibilities, or any other basis protected by applicable laws, regulations,
or guidelines relating to discrimination in employment.