Administrative Assistant Job Details
back to search results
Vacancy has expired
Show me jobs like this one
| Employer: ||
New Jersey Audubon Society. |
| Categories: ||
| Travel Required: ||
| Job Type: ||
| Preferred Degree: ||
| Experience Required: ||
| State/Province: ||
NJ - New Jersey
| City: ||
Scherman Hoffman Wildlife Sanctuary
| Salary: ||
| Job Description: ||
The Administrative Assistant provides support to Sanctuary Director of Scherman Hoffman Wildlife Sanctuary in a wide range of administrative duties for the education department. The Administrative Assistant also assists in coordination of the general functions of the departments. The successful candidate must be highly organized and be able to manage several tasks at the same time. The administrative assistant takes an active role in promoting New Jersey Audubon Society as a membership-based conservation and environmental organization.
- Prepare advertising/marketing for a variety of media – Internet, newspaper, flyers.
- Identify new advertising venues.
- Process summer camp registrations; maintain camper information.
- Maintain current educational information on SHWS website quarterly.
- Coordinate new volunteers with volunteer projects and activities.
- Maintain supply of center brochures for distribution.
- Schedule quarterly art exhibits for the Gallery; prepare press releases and blurbs for NJA, our quarterly magazine.
- Assist with special events as needed.
- Encourage membership enrollment.
- Assume additional responsibilities as required for the Center and the Organization.
- Participates with other mission area staff to adopt a “team” approach towards daily operations at the assigned center.
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent organizational skills and able to manage multiple projects and shifting priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills - Microsoft Office including Excel and Word, Access, and web design.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to accept direction and constructive criticism.
- Motivated self-starter who is also a team player.
- Punctual with effective time management skills.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and a positive attitude.
- Ability to relate to and motivate a diverse range of people.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality as appropriate.
- Strong professionalism.
- Knowledge of NJ Audubon and the natural world helpful
- College degree preferred.
- Administrative experience.
- Flexibility to adjust hours to meet deadlines and special needs of the center and the organization.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to operate a vehicle in NJ
Starting Date: Immediate
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Applications including a cover letter and resume should be submitted to Stephanie Punnett at firstname.lastname@example.org or Stephanie Punnett, 11 Hardscrabble Rd, Bernardsville, NJ 07924
New Jersey Audubon Society is an equal opportunity employer.
| Post Date: ||
Top locations: CA - California | MA - Massachusetts | PA - Pennsylvania | CO - Colorado | OR - Oregon
Top sectors: Admin/Support | Education/Training | Energy Jobs | green sales | Program/Project Mgmt.
Top keywords: green sales jobs | green marketing jobs | solar energy job | wind energy job | green architect
Terms & Conditions
Mother Earth News • Utne Reader • Mother Earth Living
Grit Magazine • Cappers Farmer Magazine • Motorcycle Classics Magazine
Farm Collector • Gas Engine Magazine • Ogden Publications
Copyright 2009-2013, All Rights Reserved | Ogden Publications, Inc., 1503 SW 42nd St., Topeka, Kansas 66609-1265 |
Powered by JobMount Job Board Software