Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
Environmental Resource Center. |
|Experience Required:||1 year|
|State/Province:||ID - Idaho|
|Salary:||Living allowance of $1600 - $2000, DOE|
The Environmental Resource Center (ERC), a non-profit located in Sun Valley, ID, is seeking two experienced Field Instructors to facilitate our summer, overnight field ecology programs. The ERC conducts programs for children entering grades 4-9.
The goal of these programs is to deepen participants understanding of and connection with nature. We accomplish this through a blend of student-centered field days which incorporate scientific research, art, games, and team-building experiences. We run our programs out of the Central Idaho 4-H Camp, located 17 miles north of Ketchum. We are surrounded by mountains, creeks, hot springs, wildflowers, and wildlife. Visit www.ercsv.org to find more information on our specific programs this summer.
Employment Dates: Work commences July 9, and concludes August 12. We will have a two-day camp training July 9-10. The camp sessions are: July 16 – 20, July 23 – 27, and August 6 – 12.
Field Instructor (FI) Responsibilities:
The FI’s are responsible for facilitating the field day (roughly 8am – 4:30pm) for their group of 8-10 campers. They will personalize and lead lessons (incorporated into a hiking day) on community ecology, watershed ecology, geology, orienteering, aquatic biology, human relationships with the land (past and present), bird ecology, and teambuilding. A typical work day may also include time for planning, debriefing, and lesson plan modifications. FIs are asked to stay at camp overnight, but are not on duty once the field day ends. They may choose to participate in evening activities, and will attend the final night’s meadow campout. FIs will also attend a two-day training at the start of their position, and will work independently on lesson plans the days between camp sessions as needed. FIs may also need to complete some lesson planning in advance of arrival, in coordination with the Education Director.
Field Instructor Qualifications:
· Minimum 21 years of age
· Bachelor’s Degree in related field
· Current certification in CPR and First Aid; WFA preferred; WFR highly preferred
· Working knowledge of the flora, fauna, geology, and ecology of the Rocky Mountain West, and the ability to share this knowledge effectively with participants
· Experience facilitating groups and working with youth
· Excellent health and physical condition, including the ability to carry a backpack with teaching and emergency supplies weighing 30-40 lbs
· Professional, fun, and enthusiastic individuals who are flexible and creative
· Spanish a plus, but not required
· U.S. citizen, national or lawful permanent resident.
· Ability to commit to the full term of service for which they are applying.
· Submit to a criminal history background check.
INTERESTED IN APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION? CONTACT…
PO Box 819, Ketchum, ID 83340
Please email a copy of your current resume, a cover letter describing your interest in the position/why you would be a good fit, and the names, contact information, and nature of your relationship for two professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the position title in subject line.