| Job Description: ||
The Student Conservation Association (SCA), America’s #1 conservation service organization seeks a Midwest Region Recruiting Coordinator in our Marketing Department based out of our Chicago, Illinois office. This person conducts campus recruitment for a portfolio of schools in the Great Lakes and upper mid-west region of the United States with a special emphasis on diversity recruiting.
- Implement a recruitment strategy to achieve regional recruiting goals with campus recruiting manager.
- Deliver timely and high-quality customer service, with a specific focus on building relationships with school contacts and phone and email communications to applicants.
- Create and execute a sustainable plan for building relationships and increasing applicants at highly diverse schools to include key Historically Black Colleges and Universities, Hispanic Serving Institutions, Asian American Serving Institutions and Tribal Colleges in the region.
- Travel at least 15 weeks of the year, 2-4 weeks at a time, to college campuses throughout established region, primarily during the academic year.
- Manage all logistics for recruiting trips to include; planning trips, performing web research, emailing and calling contacts to secure meetings, booking plane tickets, reserving rental cars, making hotel reservations, conducting presentations and meetings and tracking budget expenses.
- Act as liaison to potential candidates from the region to help them through the SCA application.
- Utilize Alumni from regional schools to aid in recruiting and outreach efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree with SCA service experience required.
- Excellent customer service and fearless telephone communication skills.
- Ability to speak confidently in public to audiences of various sizes.
- Valid driver’s license, minimum age of 25 and MVR that meets SCA’s standards.
- Criminal background check that meets SCA standards.
- Strong data entry and experience with MS Office software.
- Ability to work well independently with only phone and other electronic communication with supervisor.
- Self-motivated with good organizational skills.
- Very strong time management skills and the ability and desire to perform multiple and variable tasks.
- Willingness to spend up 15 weeks per year on the road.
- Evidence of multicultural experience and competency a plus.
* Health and Dental * Basic Life Insurance * Short Term Disability * Long Term Disability * Flexible Spending Account * 403(b) Savings Plan * Generous Paid Time Off * Community Service Leave * Casual Dress
Please send cover letter and resume to Mike Maher at email@example.com.
SCA is an EOE dedicated to workforce diversity.
For more information about SCA, visit us at www.theSCA.org