| Job Description: ||
The Social Media Specialist is responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive social media strategy that defines social campaigns designed to increase brand visibility and awareness of RMI’s core messages, engage influencers and industry reporters, and build online communities. Reporting to the director of communications and working closely with the communications team (including the editorial director, senior public relations coordinator and the Internet marketing team), he/she will manage RMI's social media presence and will help drive and participate in key conversations related to our core areas of work.
He/she will research opportunities to enhance our social media activities and our presence online in a meaningful way. He/she will develop analytical methods to track and report progress and optimize accordingly. The ideal candidate is a tech-savvy, energetic individual who has a passion and knack for blogging, joining the conversation and creating mutually beneficial relationships. He/she will have an insatiable appetite for the work in which RMI is engaged and will be tuned into the top news sources and thought leaders, and be constantly looking for links, videos and news to provide to RMI’s communities.
In addition, the Social Media Specialist will assist with coordinating and supporting the social outreach efforts of the RMI Bullpen, an internal team of industry experts tasked with engaging influencers and building the conversation around strategically selected topics related to RMI’s work.
The ideal candidate will have strong creative project management skills with a proven track record of successful project completions. He/she must be able to work independently with minimal supervision while maintaining high-level, quality work and output. Must have proven ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, results-oriented environment.
- Develop and implement social campaigns that support key strategic objectives.
- Create and maintain visible presence on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and other social media platform.
- Work with the senior PR coordinator, editorial director and Internet marketing team to proactively push approved communications.
- Craft effective and strategic messages, blogs and comments for posting. Craft and execute RMI’s e-newsletter Spark. Interest and proficiency in writing for other RMI external publications.
- Ensure all social campaigns are an effective element of our overall initiative campaigns.
- Manage online discussion topics by monitoring the conversation on all platforms, appropriately engaging and responding (or work with RMI Bullpen personnel, editorial director or senior PR coordinator to engage and respond) in a timely manner.
- Ability to monitor social media platforms at varying hours of the day.
- Research and recommend new social media tools, sites and applications.
- Leverage social media monitoring tools to continuously monitor usage statistics, ensure goals are met and adjust social efforts; deliver analytics reports on a regular basis.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures relating to social communications.
- Provide training to staff, leading internal professional development sessions.
- Stay abreast of the latest social platforms, analytical tools and technologies, and best practices.
- B.A. degree in marketing, communication or journalism.
- At least four years’ experience in marketing, digital or social media, or related field.
- Expert knowledge of the capabilities and limitations of social media platforms including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, blogging platforms, YouTube and other video and Web 2.0 platforms.
- Expert knowledge of Radian6 (or equivalent software) and strong analytical skills.
- Excellent writing skills and a willingness to use them.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Ability to create great working relationships with staff at all levels and across multiple disciplines.
- Proven track record of project completions on time and within budget or other constraints. History of quality attention to detail.
- Intense curiosity to understand the details of RMI’s work and its mission and change models.
- Project management experience.
How to Apply:
To apply, please email your cover letter, salary requirements and resume with “Social Media Specialist” in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Unfortunately we are unable to respond to telephone calls regarding this position.
RMI has two locations—Boulder and Snowmass, Colorado. This position is located in Boulder and reports to the Director of Communications.
RMI is an equal opportunity employer.