| Job Description: ||
The Rainforest Alliance is an international nonprofit organization that works to conserve biodiversity and ensure sustainable livelihoods by transforming land-use practices, business practices and consumer behavior. Based in New York City, with offices throughout the United States and worldwide, the Rainforest Alliance works with people whose livelihoods depend on the land, helping them transform the way they grow food, harvest wood and host travelers.
The Database Analyst will be responsible for maintaining the accuracy and usability of the Development department’s donor database, performing data updates, and providing regular financial reports to the Finance & Accounting department. This position will support all Development staff and report to the Membership Manager.
- Maintain and synchronize Luminate CRM and online databases and Development department’s usage of SharePoint;
- Ensure data integrity by updating existing records and entering new records, addressing synchronization conflicts and performing other regular tasks including import and de-duplication;
- Serve as the point of contact with data service providers, including software providers, data processors and list brokers;
- Develop and regularly update data management processes for all areas of Development;
- Help all Development teams utilize their data including developing filtered reports, creating custom fields and generating mailing lists;
- Orient and train new hires to use databases, answer staff database questions and troubleshoot software issues as they occur;
- Batch and process Membership revenue received in office;
- Collaborate with the IT/Business Systems staff and work towards synchronizing Luminate and organization’s separate instances of Salesforce;
- Serve as the Development department’s point of contact with the Finance & Accounting department;
- Regularly run unrestricted and restricted financial reports and distribute them to Finance department and program managers;
- Alert Finance & Accounting team of anticipated payments and identify incoming wires;
- Assist in the budget creation process and collaborate with Development teams and Finance & Accounting department to regularly reconcile revenue and reforecast expenses; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA or BS required, preferably in Computer Science, Mathematics or related field;
- 3-5 years of professional work experience; minimum 2 years experience managing databases, preferably in the Development department of a charitable organization;
- Intermediate level of Convio Luminate CRM or Common Ground knowledge required;
- Salesforce administrator experience required, including the ability to import/export data, create custom fields and objects and build workflow rules and data validations;
- Apex coding experience is a plus;
- Working knowledge of Convio Luminate Online required;
- The ideal candidate will also demonstrate experience using Raisers Edge, SharePoint and/or BIOvue;
- Understanding of financial reporting topics;
- Excellent computer skills (MS Word, Access, Excel, and Internet);
- Exceptional organizational skills to manage multiple priorities in a time sensitive manner;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to train and exchange technical knowledge within a diverse team of varying skill sets;
- Self-starter with ability to problem-solve efficiently and effectively; and
- Willingness to work independently and as part of a team.
Commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package provided.
Send resume, cover letter and salary history to Human Resources, Rainforest Alliance, 665 Broadway, Suite 500, New York, NY 10012; Fax: 212-677-2187; Email: Personnel@ra.org. If emailing, use the following format in the subject line: first name and last name, job title of position you are applying for.
The Rainforest Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.