| Job Description: ||
Our Environmental Services group is dedicated to managing environmental issues professionally and proactively. We provide integrated, multidisciplinary services to identify and assess liabilities and risks, and to develop solutions to site management, remediation, and mitigation. Our staff of professionals includes specialists in marine biology, wetland science, wildlife biology, soil science, fisheries biology, botany, hydrogeology, hydrology, water resources management, forestry, habitat and ecosystem restoration, permitting, GIS, information management, environmental monitoring, in-situ/ex-situ remedial design and implementation, human health and ecological risk assessments, air quality permitting and reporting, pipeline compliance, stormwater permitting and planning, and audit support services . We are seeking exceptionally talented and enthusiastic individuals with a keen interest in the natural sciences to join our team and advance their career. Responsibilities:
- Performs document research, field checks, and meets with department personnel as required to develop the scope of survey required.
- Assist department personnel in finalizing survey scope and schedule requirements.
- Plans, organizes and directs the activities of technical survey personnel.
- Participates in the selection, placement, training, appraisal, safety and discipline of assigned employees.
- Understands and operates as necessary total stations with electronic data collecting capabilities.
- Responsible for crews engaged in surveying activities.
- Directs the field activities of the crew so the work is performed quickly and accurately.
- Graduation from a standard high school or vocational school, supplemented by college level course work in mathematics, engineering, and land surveying; including a minimum of five years progressively responsible experience in land surveying at the party chief level, which includes experience in both field and administrative work
- In addition to the experience described above, graduation from an accredited two or for year college with major coursework in engineering and land surveying is preferred.
- Ability to work effectively with employees, department management, contractors and consultants in a professional setting
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to analyze data and prepare written reports
- TX Professional survey license preferred but not required. Professional license in other states will be considered.
- Must be physically able to work in the field at various construction sites and travel across rough, uneven or rocky surfaces. Requires the ability to bend and stoop repeatedly and to move objects for long distances. Must be able to work in a variety of weather conditions with exposure to outdoor elements and dust. Ability to walk long distances, work long hours, nights, weekends, and out of town work possible.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record required.