| Job Description: ||
With the understanding that effective management of our water resources is critical to public health, economic development, and the long-term health of the environment, our Environmental Infrastructure Group is focused on delivering and managing sustainable water and wastewater solutions. This is where great people and great ideas truly make a difference. Our team members are passionate about resource renewal and sustainability, and apply both knowledge and technology to deliver life cycle solutions for both public and private sector clients. Responsibilities:
Supports Engineering Group by creating and working with a wide variety of GIS datasets in addition to producing high-quality maps:
- Designs and generates various cartographic products for engineering, planning or presentation projects.
- Prepares, updates, and distributes GIS thematic map series and new information as it becomes available.
- Identifies, structures, reformats and processes digital and hard copy data for inclusion in the geographic information system.
- Utilizes and implements ArcGIS GeoProcessing tools to achieve maximum efficiency from GIS applications
- Performs spatial joins, attribute and definition queries, and advanced cartographic labeling and attribute calculations.
- Administers quality control of spatial data and associated attribute data.
- Associate's degree or equivalent course work at a technical or vocational school in geographic information systems, geography, planning, civil engineering, computer science or a related field, or three years of experience working with GIS systems.
- Knowledge of ESRI software such as ArcGIS (Arcmap, ArcCatalog, Toolbox) and drafting software such as AutoCAD or Microstation.
- Knowledge of ESRI extensions and experience with 3D and Spatial Analyst.
- Knowledge of digitizing and data manipulation procedures for geographic information systems.
- Knowledge of coordinate systems, image/raster rectification and ability to work with and reproject multiple data formats.
- Experience with Geo-HMS, HEC-RAS or other water modeling packages helpful.
- Ability to troubleshoot and create innovative solutions to problems in ArcGIS.
- Understanding of surveying terminology and data collection processes.
- Ability to use graphic instructions such as engineering drawings, layouts or other visual aids and to read and use zoning maps, quarter-section maps, plat maps, land use maps, single line maps and aerial maps.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions in the English language.
- Ability to produce well-written technical report portions discussing data collection and its GIS-based management.
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience working in a team environment delivering projects on budget and on schedule.
Ability to enter data and perform fine hand movements in the accurate use of CAD computer terminals, PC or other keyboard device requiring continuous or repetitive arm-hand-eye movement.
- Ability to perceive color as defined by the Inter Society Color Council-National Bureau of Standards system.
- Minimum 5 years