Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
|Experience Required:||10+ years|
|State/Province:||SK - Saskatchewan|
Experience. Creativity. Ingenuity. Stantec's Buildings team provides a full range of innovative services in buildings engineering, architecture, interior design, and facilities planning and operations, helping our clients to create high performance and cost-effective buildings and interiors.
Our Buildings Engineering group specializes in the design and development processes unique to buildings. Working closely with our clients, our dedicated professionals help to establish and understand the specific needs of a range of building projects. This is where great ideas and rewarding careers are built. For both public and private sector clients, we provide structural, mechanical, & electrical engineering services, as well as many unique and specialty services such as lighting and daylighting, security & life safety systems designs, commissioning & retro-commissioning, plan checking, and energy engineering services. Focused on providing the most cost-effective solutions to engineering challenges, we are involved in a diverse range of projects from the initial planning stages to design, construction, and commissioning. Our structure cultivates career growth and provides opportunities as unique as you are.Responsibilities:
We are currently seeking to hire an experienced Journeyman Electrician to fill the role of Electrical Construction Administrator in our Saskatoon or Regina office, with the following responsibilities:
- Clarification of Drawings and Specifications.
- Review of shop drawings.
- Review of contractor invoices.
- Site inspections to confirm that the Contractor's work is in general conformance with drawings and specifications.
- Review of maintenance manuals and record drawings.
- Assist with issuance of Site Instructions and Change Orders.
- Review contractor pricing associated with change orders.
- Attendance at construction meetings.
- Review of drawings and specifications prior to tender with focus on coordination and constructability.
- Assist with cost estimating prior to tender.Qualifications:
The successful candidate will possess:
- Journeyman Electrician with minimum 20 years experience in the construction of commercial and institutional buildings.
- Proven supervisory experience.
- Strong working knowledge of building codes including CEC, NBC, and NFPA
- Experience conducting Contract Administration duties on electrical construction. Also, must be knowledgeable in the installation, operation and verification of fire alarm systems.
- Experience with contract documents, construction documentation, Site Instructions, Change Notices, Requests For Information.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Must be self-sufficient and self-motivated with strong negotiation skill.
Saskatoon and Regina are 2 beautiful cities on the prairies, offering an excellent location to raise a family, with an abundance of parks, sports and recreational facilities, bicycle pathways, family attractions and an exceptional quality of life. They are known for their generous, friendly people and rich community pride, and are home to more or less 200,000 residents.