| Job Description: ||
Stantec provides professional consulting services in planning, engineering, architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, surveying, environmental sciences, project management, and project economics for infrastructure and facilities projects. We support public and private sector clients in a diverse range of markets at every stage, from the initial conceptualization and financial feasibility study to project completion and beyond. Our services are provided on projects around the world through approximately 11,000 employees operating out of more than 170 locations in North America and 4 locations internationally.
We have an opportunity for an Administrative Assistant with strong multi-tasking, interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills to provide administrative, operational and project related assistance. This position will be ideal for an individual who takes pride in keeping the team well organized, running smoothly and to be able to “think ahead”. As the successful candidate, your responsibilities will include:
- Liaising with staff members and with multi- disciplinary project administration (project correspondence, schedules, maintaining database lists and confidential documentation)
- Managing / assisting in the preparation and processing of correspondence, reports, forms and templates.
- Full project support including all phases of project and marketing documentation, but not limited to the following; planning, formatting, word processing and editing through copying, distribution, and records management.
- Control the incoming and outgoing documentation process and maintain files and project reports.
- Compile, compose, type, proofread file correspondence and various other documents. May proofread and recommend changes in spelling, grammar, and punctuation for others.
- Update and helps manage client database.
- Responsible for on-site file system.
- Answering office phones lines as well as managing calendars and office events.
- Manage the company's lobby area by receiving and directing all visitors, including vendors, clients, job candidates, and customers while maintaining sign-in and security procedures.
- Must have experience with FedEx; troubleshooting and tracking of packages.
- Ordering and overseeing all office supply orders and coordination of equipment service.
- You are an effective “team player”, who has a minimum 3 years experience and has the ability to work independently, and possess qualities of maturity, judgment and discretion.
- A high school diploma or the equivalent is required; B.A.degree is desired.
- Must possess excellent time management skills and be able to prioritize multiple tasks to meet tight deadlines.
- Advanced knowledge of MS office products to include: w ord, excel, powerpoint, adobe acrobat and MS Project and/or graphics software.
- Strong writing, editing, verbal and interpersonal communication skills are a must.
- Experience with providing administrative support in an Architectural/Engineering design firm is desired.