| Job Description: ||
Stantec’s Industrial Buildings and Facilities group offers services for all phases of the project life cycle, from pre-project planning through detailed design, construction and operations to decommissioning. Our Dartmouth Business Unit consists of a multidisciplinary team of over 60 professional and technical staff who deliver creative, innovative and integrated solutions to meet our clients’ needs.
Our diverse group of Project Managers, Engineers, and Technologist team members specialize in the functional programming, planning and design of buildings and infrastructure needs for clients within the Manufacturing, Food & Beverage, Maintenance & Repair and National Defense sectors. Some of our projects include: aircraft hangars, food warehousing and distribution centres, heavy vehicle and transit maintenance facilities, office buildings and other light industrial projects. Responsibilities:
Stantec's Dartmouth, NS office is currently looking for Buildings Mechanical Engineers and /or (Buildings Related) Technologists. The successful candidate(s) will become integral to our project team and bring with them the experience and ability to provide or assist with many of the following services:
- Buildings Related Mechanical Design – with a focus on a superior built environment and energy efficiency.
- Building System Commissioning and LEED® commissioning- including the development of operation and maintenance best practices for new construction and existing buildings.
- Develop Energy Simulation Models – analysis of energy performance for new construction and existing building projects including developing recommendation for the implementation of energy efficiency measures including associated scopes of work, costs, savings, and payback periods.
- Complete Energy Audits – identification of potential energy efficiency measures, utility demand, and consumption analysis.
- Building Condition Assessments – assessment and reporting on all aspects of buildings including architectural, structural, mechanical, electrical, fire/life safety, indoor air quality, hazardous materials, and mold.
- LEED® Facilitation – defining, collecting, measuring, verifying, organizing and submitting documentation under the LEED® certification requirements.
- Client Relations and Business Development.
- Mentoring less experienced technical staff.
- Multidisciplinary team interaction and leadership.
- Preparation of professional reports and proposals.
- Project Management.
As a Professional Engineer or Technician /Technologist you will possess the following credentials and experience:
- Graduation as a Mechanical Engineer from an accredited university, or as a Mechanical Engineering or Architectural Technician or Technologist.
- Registered (or eligible for registration) as a P. Eng., E.I.T. or C.E.T. with a Canadian Professional Association or Certifying Body.
- 5-7 years of practical experience in a consulting or building construction environment with a specialization in building mechanical systems, building envelopes, and/or building energy efficiency.
- LEED® Accredited Professional status with the Canadian Green Building Council (or significant progress towards this accreditation).
- Key areas of experience will include most, if not all of, the following: HVAC and controls system design, building construction processes and cost estimating, contract administration, energy efficiency modeling and analysis, writing technical reports and plans, LEED® facilitation, and LEED® commissioning.
- An understanding of energy retrofit methods and government energy efficiency incentive programs is an asset.
- Computer proficiency, especially with Microsoft Office and AutoCAD is required. Experience using VisualDOE, EE4, eQuest, Can-Quest or other energy simulation tools would be an asset.