| Job Description: ||
Our Ontario Transportation group provides comprehensive planning, design, and engineering services for all phases of airports and aviation, bridge, rail, roadway, and transit projects. This is the place where great ideas and rewarding careers can really take off. With a unique multidisciplinary team approach, we’re equipped with state-of-the-art survey tools, simulation models, specialized design software, and computer-aided design and drafting (CADD) facilities. The ongoing success of our team allows you to set the pace of your career. Responsibilities:
The succesful candidate will be responsible for the following (but not limited too):
- Assist the Senior Inspection Staff review the contractors operations for conformance to contract specifications and produce required documentation using spreadsheets and word software.
- Demonstrate excellent analytical and mathematical skills
- Assist the Senior Inspection staff measure and produce fully traceable documentation for progress payments.
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills
- Assist the Senior Inspection Staff produce documentation for the resolution of contracts and pricing issues, especially related to construction claims
- Demonstrate good organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Assist in preparing cost estimates.
- As a candidate(s), you must possess an OACETT registration in civil engineering technology and have the ability to be registered in the MTO Road Construction designation Road Construction Junior Inspector (rcji) within three (3) months of hire.
- Recent graduation from University/College Civil Program in a relevant field is preferred.
- Previous coop inspection experience in highway/arterial roadway construction inspection in the MTO environment is preferred. You demonstrate excellent communication skills and problem solving abilities along with a commitment to thrive in a proactive organization where client service is priority one.