| Job Description: ||
Stantec has secured multi-million dollar contracts with clients in the Eastern Province of Saudi Arabia, and is committed to building a strong local team in Dammam. We are looking for individuals with proven ability and energy to deliver complex, large scale, multi-discipline projects in a fast track environment.
Candidates need to show an ability to relocate to Saudi Arabia on either a short term or long term basis. Relocation expenses and appropriate local living allowance for unaccompanied status will be provided.
The primary role for these Design/CADD leads is to coordinate the local execution of water infrastructure design projects with design support and technical expertise provided from senior water professionals in Stantec’s US and Canadian based offices.
Multiple Position available as follows:
1. Senior Civil Design Lead
2. Senior Process/Mechanical Design Lead
3. Senior Electrical/Instrumentation Design Lead
4. Senior CADD Designer Responsibilities:
- Supervising the preparation of engineering drawings and specifications, cost estimates, and preliminary and final reports for water infrastructure projects
- Attending meetings with project management and technical staff at the client’s office
- Coordinating with local agencies for review and permitting of the work
- Visiting job sites, local suppliers and other project related field work
- Assisting in the recruiting, training, mentoring, and supervision of local staff
Senior Engineer Positions 1, 2 and 3
- Minimum of 15 years of project experience, including proven ability to organize and supervise the work of other engineers, designers and sub-consultants
- Extensive proven experience in design of large, complex multidiscipline water infrastructure projects that have a capital cost exceeding US$ 50M
- Minimum of 2 years of engineering experience in a country outside of North America. Preference given to prior experience in Saudi Arabia or other GCC (Gulf Cooperation Council) countries
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering from an accredited university in an OECD country
- Valid Professional Engineer registration in US, Canada, EU or similar jurisdiction
Senior CADD Designer
- Minimum of 10 years of CADD experience using AutoCAD based systems
- Extensive proven experience in drafting of large, complex multidiscipline water infrastructure projects that have a capital cost exceeding US$ 50M
- Strong IT and network administration skills within a Microsoft based environment
For all positions
- Hold a valid passport and ability to secure visa/residency permit for Saudi Arabia
- Candidates need to show an ability to relocate to Saudi Arabia on either a short term or long term basis.
- Strong ability to operate in a self-sufficient manner
- Ability to work in a team environment and coordinate work within and across offices in different countries and time zones
- Fluent in English, and able to communicate effectively in client presentations and by phone
- Good technical writing skills; capable of writing reports, letters and technical specifications