| Job Description: ||
Experience. Creativity. Ingenuity. Stantec's Transportation team provides a full range of innovative services to facilitate the safe and efficient movement of people and goods through a variety of modes of transportation. We encourage creativity in the design and delivery of projects, and use life cycle assessments to help clients effectively manage their assets.
Our Transportation group provides comprehensive planning, design, and engineering services for all phases of airports and aviation, bridge, rail, roadway, and transit projects. This is the place where great ideas and rewarding careers can really take off. With a unique multidisciplinary team approach, we're equipped with state-of-the-art survey tools, simulation models, specialized design software, and computer-aided design and drafting (CADD) facilities. The ongoing success of our team allows you to set the pace of your career. Responsibilities:
An immediate opening exists in our Markham Transportation group for Track Designer/Engineer Our intent is to grow this practice area significantly across the company, and this is an opportunity to assist in developing our rapidly growing business.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Take a proactive hands-on role in track design projects.
- Development and production of horizontal and vertical track alignment designs, cross sections, special trackwork detailing, setting out and railway embankment grading and drainage drawings with minimal supervision
- Development of ballasted and non-ballasted trackforms
- Development and production of E4 regulatory drawings for at-grade road/rail crossings
- Assessment of rail vehicle/infrastructure clearances
- Ensure that all project requirements are met
- Production and checking of track designs and associated reports prior to submission
- Liaison with other track engineers to ensure all work is completed to a high standard and with a consistent approach
- Calculation of quantities and preparation of cost estimates
- Preparation of project specifications for materials and construction
- Oversee work undertaken by junior staff
- Provide assistance to Project Managers
Comply with Stantec Quality Management, Safety and Environmental policies Qualifications:
- Preferably 5-10 years’ experience in railway track engineering
- Must have a strong technical understanding of track alignment and trackform design for plain line, special trackwork, ballasted and non-ballasted track and associated grading and drainage
- Ability to supervise more junior staff and coordinate production workload.
- Experience with grading and track alignment and trackform design for mainlines, sidings, industrial yards and spur tracks, intermodal and transload facilities, subway, commuter and light rail transit
- Ability to complete conceptual plans, preliminary & detailed designs and cost estimating.
- Track construction supervision experience an asset.
- Preferred Software experience - AutoCad, MicroStation, Civil 3D, In Roads, In Rail, MX Rail, Bentley Rail Track, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with AREMA, Class 1 Railroad and Light Rail Transit design and construction requirements.
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited University engineering program in Ontario, or equivalent
- P.Eng registration in a Canadian Province, (preferably Ontario), or working towards P.Eng.