| Job Description: ||
Experience. Creativity. Ingenuity. Stantec's Transportation team provides a full range of innovative services to facilitate the safe and efficient movement of people and goods through a variety of modes of transportation. We encourage creativity in the design and delivery of projects, and use life cycle assessments to help clients effectively manage their assets.
Our Transportation group provides comprehensive planning, design, and engineering services for all phases of airports and aviation, bridge, rail, roadway, and transit projects. This is the place where great ideas and rewarding careers can really take off. With a unique multidisciplinary team approach, we're equipped with state-of-the-art survey tools, simulation models, specialized design software, and computer-aided design and drafting (CADD) facilities. The ongoing success of our team allows you to set the pace of your career.
Stantec have been contracted to provide construction site supervision services for the Georgetown South Rail Corridor Expansion. Under this project Metrolinx, (through GO Transit), is implementing a major expansion of this rail corridor to accommodate increased GO service in the corridor in addition to the new Air Rail Link service between Union Station and Pearson Airport.
A vacancy has arisen for a Track Site Supervisor to oversee the track construction works over approximately 3.2 Km of the Georgetown South Rail Corridor.
- Ensure that the track works are proceeding as expeditiously as possible, with minimum interference or impact on rail operations, and are being performed in general conformity with the contract documents.
- Coordinate construction staging and liaise with the Trackwork and other contractors, the rail authorities, consultants and other third parties including utilities, to ensure the minimization of impacts on rail operations.
- Daily track inspections to ensure that all construction of plain and special trackwork is installed, tested and maintained in accordance with the contract, and that railway clearance requirements are being met or exceeded.
- Review the Contractors quality of work and construction progress.
- Review the Trackworks Contractor’s construction method statements, work plans and shop drawings.
- Review the trackwork Contractors delivered materials to ensure their compliance with the specifications and suitability for incorporation into the works.
- Monitor the onsite health & safety issues and Trackwork Contractors compliance with occupational health & safety, CN, Go Transit and railway flagging requirements.
- Provide assistance to the Contract Administrator by reviewing proposed contract changes, develop cost effective alternatives and solutions to onsite problems, work proactively with the trackworks Contractor to reduce schedule slippage and cost escalation.
- Calculate and record quantities of completed work.
- Compile survey notes, daily diary, records, photographs and reports of work undertaken by the Contractor.
- Carry out substantial and final inspection of the Trackworks, detailing a list of deficiencies and expedite completion of all work in conformance with the Contract.
- Ensure updated as built records are maintained recording all deviations from the original design.
- Provide input to the Post Construction Report, and ensure that the requirements of the Metrolinx Track Handover Protocol are met.
- Must have a minimum of 10 years relevant and comparable practical experience, of supervising Class IV or above heavy rail trackwork construction in North America, including plain track and special trackwork, railway stations and platforms, and railway spur, yard and shop tracks in a live railway environment.
- Shall be able to understand and interpret trackwork design drawings, specifications and contract documents.
- Shall have a thorough understanding of trackwork installation procedures and methods.
- Shall have good written, verbal communication and computer skills.
- Shall have knowledge and understanding of safety issues related to working on a live rail corridor, and shall demonstrate previous completion of rail authority safety training.
- Shall become familiar with the requirements of the GO Transit Safety Guidelines for Contractors, Consultants and Project Coordinators. (Note: candidates will be required to satisfactorily complete the CN Contractor Safety Orientation and GO Transit CMO Safety training courses).
- Shall have good knowledge of Railway Operating Rules, and their application to track construction works.
- Shall have good knowledge of OSHA and Transport Canada requirements, CN Engineering Track Standards, the GO Transit Design Requirements Manual and the AREMA Manual for Railway Engineering.
- Shall be familiar with quality control procedures and their application to site work.
- Membership of AREMA desirable.
- Must be willing to work flexible and unsocial hours, and in an outdoor environment where extreme weather conditions may be encountered.
- Civil Engineering degree, High School Diploma or GED and A.Sc.T or CET desirable or experience greater than 10 years in lieu.