| Job Description: ||
Our Mining group works with some of the world’s largest mining companies and provides the industry with a full suite of services and solutions. We are a leader in underground mining engineering and related technology, serving the largest, deepest, and most technically challenging mines in the world. This is where great ideas and rewarding careers are built. Our professionals are specialists in underground mining methods/mine development, complete infrastructure in support of underground operations, process and materials handling, electrical power and instrumentation, controls and automation, mine ventilation, mine headframes and hoisting systems. The ongoing success of our team allows you to set the pace of your career. Responsibilities:
- Working in our Saskatoon, Saskatchewan office, you will assume the role of Senior Mechanical Engineer where you will deliver detail design engineering for mine infrastructure projects
- You will provide detail design engineering for drawings and specifications for material handling systems, pumping/piping systems, pneumatic systems, hydraulic systems, mine ventilation systems, Industrial HVAC systems, hoisting systems, and related mine infrastructure
- Additional duties may include site visits and/or shop inspections.
- You will coordinate the delivery of multi-discipline engineering design by communicating with engineers from all disciplines as well as the design team to ensure the design will be delivered according to quality, budget, and schedule
- You will contribute to engineering best practices by interfacing with engineers from other disciplines to review and improve design standards and procedures.
- Enable the company to remain innovative in the provision of projects involving mechanical engineering by keeping abreast of industry developments and exploring the utility of new approaches
- You will comply with all of the company's corporate policies and procedures by adopting Quality Assurance and Occupational Health, Safety, and Environmental policies, procedures and requirements.
- Bachelors of Engineering Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited University plus 8 -16 years of Mechanical engineering experience
- Licensed Professional Engineer in the province of Saskatchewan or other Canadian jurisdiction
- Specific mechanical engineering experience in heavy industrial and/or surface/underground mining is also preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of applicable design codes and safety acts/regulations
- Excellent computer skills and a working knowledge of MS Excel and Word. Exposure to computer aided drafting software such as ACAD is also preferred.
- You possess strong communication skills, both written and verbal, along with excellent interpersonal abilities and willingness to work in a team environment
- You have a commitment to thrive in a proactive organization where client service is second to none.