Vacancy has expiredShow me jobs like this one
|Experience Required:||6-9 years|
|State/Province:||NJ - New Jersey|
Our Transportation group provides comprehensive planning, design, and engineering services for all phases of airports and aviation, bridge, rail, roadway, and transit projects. This is the place where great ideas and rewarding careers can really take off. With a unique multidisciplinary team approach, we're equipped with state-of-the-art survey tools, simulation models, specialized design software, and computer-aided design and drafting (CADD) facilities. The ongoing success of our team allows you to set the pace of your career.Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include Bridge Inspection and design, overseeing and checking the work of assitant team leader, junior staff and draftsman for the field inspection and preperation of condition survey reports. Shall have some design skills and capable of performing load rating and structural analysis and design of highway bridges, culverts and heavy civil structures. This individual will work directly with the transportation group leader and project managers to ensure the work is done correctly, on time and within budget. This position requires mentoring of junior engineers and staff. Willing to go out to field and perform routine and in-depth bridge inspection from time to time.Qualifications:
• Qualified team leader for NJDOT & NJTA, NYSDOT & PANY&NJ are plus
• PE in NJ or NY.
• NBIS-NHI Certified Bridge Inspector.
• 6 to 10 years of bridge design experience.
• BSCE is required, a MSCE is highly desired.
• Previous consulting engineering experience with bridge Inspection design and rehabilitation of existing bridges is required.
• Must be proficient with the AASHTO LRFD and NJDOT design specifications, PADOT design software and SAP 2000 or STAAD-PRO/GTSTRUDL etc..
• Must be able to develop cost estimates and specifications.
• Proficiency with AutoCAD and MicroStation.
• Excellent computer skills are required.
• The ability to work in a group and coordinate efforts with others and communicate effectively is essential.